Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Home, Condo, & Commercial Sales For February


I can't speak for everyone, but I am a visual person and so when I get property sales information I enjoy seeing it on a map.


I have been lucky enough to find a service called zeemaps that allows you to display information easily and quickly. One of the features I really like is you can zoom in and out of specific areas to view what has sold.


I have just recently completed the maps for the Santa Barbara, Santa Maria, Lompoc, and Santa Ynez Valley areas.


The Santa Barbara area includes all the home and condo sales as well as any commercial properties that have sold in February. You can zoom in to any of the areas like Carpinteria, Goleta, or Montecito to see what is selling and for how much or just view the entire South County of Santa Barbara.


The North County area is split in to 2 maps. One covers the Santa Maria area and the other Lompoc and the Santa Ynez Valley. These maps also includes all the homes and condos as well as commercial properties that sold in February.


I am looking to make some enhancements to the information that I'm making available on these maps, such as property type and bedrooms and baths. I think these enhancements will really make these maps a comprehensive place to get sales information for our area.


The really important thing to know is that I believe this already is the most comprehensive place to find out about property sales in the Santa Barbara County area since it is generated using CORT's information.


This means that you aren't just getting the property sales that are reported to the Association of Realtors. You also are not subject to someone trying to hide a sales price on the back of a grant deed, because the good people at CORT do additional research to find the actual sales price. The sales price is a public record and so you can attempt to hide it, but with enough knowledge of the recorders office you can find it.


Please let me know if you think there are any other additional changes I can make. You can refer to the maps on the right hand side of the blog whenever you need them.


See You In Escrow!


No comments:

Google