Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Santa Barbara, Carpinteria, Goleta, & Montecito Sales For April 2008


I am marginally good as a prognosticator, and I was off on my guess regarding how many properties we would see being sold in Santa Barbara, Goleta, Carpinteria, and Montecito in April.

I cheated and looked at the CORT numbers about halfway through the month and we were in the neighborhood of 80 transactions. So I went a little conservative and told folks I thought we would hit 150. I was wrong there were 135.

Now before you think that is bad news, I want to point out that this in an increase of over 10% from March. Why is this good besides the obvious?
If you look at the chart this is the first time we have seen an increase from March to April. I'm thinking this is great news.

The only area that slowed down from March was Goleta. There were 26 transactions compared to 32 in March. Carpinteria increased slightly from 11 to 12. Santa Barbara increased from 56 to 65 and Montecito had the biggest percentag increase going from 23 to 32.

I glanced at the Santa Maria and Lompoc charts and they looked better than they have in many months. I'll get that information up shortly.

See You In Escrow!

No comments:

Google